BEYOND PORTLANDIA BIKE TOUR
Explore Portland like a local, WITH a local! Portland is so much more than Downtown and its kooky TV portrayal. Get to know OUR Portland, its strange, fascinating, and often troubled history, and check out the best off-the-beaten-path gems on this scenic 2 hour bike tour of NE & N Portland, the epicenter of Portland culture!
On neighborhood greenways and bike lanes, we'll explore the radical history, secret sights, ecology+geology, eccentricities, and unique culture of N & NE Portland's Alberta, Woodlawn, Mississippi, Overlook & Sabin neighborhoods--our favorite parts of the bike-friendliest town in America!
We DO NOT go downtown and you won't hear the boring-old-white-dude version of Portland history!
You'll be an expert on Portland by the end of this leisurely-paced 10 mile bike tour that includes:
- Portland CULTURAL and HISTORIC sites from 15,000 years ago to WWII to today. We have some seriously interesting, weird, and far out tales for you on this radical history tour!
- We'll ride by some of the best coffee roasters, brewers, eateries, and places that you have to try before you leave!
- Learn about the geological forces that shaped Portland and the Pacific NW!
- URBAN FARMS with goats!
- A community built TREE HOUSE!
- Learn why Portland is as it is and its many changes!
- See how Portlanders live IRL!
- An enormous ROSE GARDEN (really, it's enormous)!
- A few surprises and secrets along the way!
- Rain gear if necessary
PRICE INCLUDES: 24hr bike rental and your favorite tour guide.
10:30am EVERYDAY - Although we will do our best to accommodate walk-ins, RESERVATIONS are required by 5pm day before!
Participants must be 13+, comfortable riding a bike, able to ride 10 miles, and feel comfortable riding on a safe route with occasional car presence.