BEYOND PORTLANDIA BIKE TOUR:
Everyday at 1030: Explore Portland like a local, WITH a local! Portland is so much more than Downtown and its kooky TV portrayal. Get to know OUR Portland, its strange and interesting history, and check out the best off-the-beaten-path gems on this scenic 2 hour bike tour of NE & N Portland, the epicenter of Portland culture!
On neighborhood greenways and bike lanes, we'll explore the history, sights, eccentricities, and unique culture of N & NE Portland's Alberta, Woodlawn, Mississippi, Overlook & Sabin neighborhoods, our favorite parts of the bike-friendliest town in America!
You'll be an expert on Portland by the end of this leisurely-paced 10 mile bike tour that includes:
- Portland CULTURAL and HISTORIC sites. We have some seriously interesting, weird, and far out tales for you!
- We'll ride by some of the best coffee roasters, brewers, eateries, and places that you have to try before you leave!
- A CIGAR BAR in a SCHOOL
- URBAN FARMS with goats!
- Learn about our ECOLOGY and PLANT LIFE! "Did you know you can eat that?!"
- A community built TREE HOUSE!
- Learn why Portland is as it is and its many changes!
- See how Portlanders live IRL!
- An enormous ROSE GARDEN (really, it's enormous)!
- A few surprises and secrets along the way!
- Rain gear if necessary
- Bike rental & discount on post-tour rentals
$45 - PRICE INCLUDES: bike rental and fun+knowledgeable tour guide.
Participants must be 13+, comfortable riding a bike, able to ride 10 miles, and feel comfortable riding on a safe route with occasional car presence.